Why saving space in the apartment is always a matter of concern? Because today’s populous world, own space is the most precious asset. The scarcity in space is directly reflecting in the living condition itself. Our apartments are becoming smaller and organized. Many people live in a congested room and blame the unavailability of space around them. But think about it. You can save space in your apartment irrespective of the carpet area. The only thing you want to change is your attitude towards space management. In this article, we share some simple tips to gain more space in your apartment. Let’s have a look;
- Make a list before a wish
Before running for market make a list of most necessary accessories. This will help you buy items without wasting money. Try drawing a rough image of the room which you dreamt of. You can simply mark accessories like furniture and electronics in it. By doing this you can determine the space and size of each item in the room. This is the first step for preserving the space in the apartment.
- The myth about Doors and windows
If you have an own apartment then the possibilities are limitless. In many conventional houses, the doors and windows itself steal a good amount of space. Since every square foot count for us, the in and out windows and doors are unnecessary. Sliding doors are best alternatives to save space. To divide room sliding doors with rails is a cool option. The same is applicable in windows also.
- How to choose furniture
Furniture selection implies your intelligence in space management. You can’t curtail the number of furniture after a limit because of its high importance. Select furniture based on functionality and priority. Below are some ideas relating to furniture selection;
- a) Convertibles are a wonderful choice for space hunters. From simple seating to large beds convertible options are modern and practical. Sectional sofa which can be converted to a bed, storage box usable as sitting etc. are some example.
- b) Break into piece furniture is another option. This type of furniture comes in small pieces which can be combined to form bigger piece whenever necessary.
- c) Wall mounted table and chair never lacks style and strength. A dining table which can be folded back to the wall is a great example of space saving.
- The art of storing
Here comes the toughest part. Most of us fail to organize the numerous items in our homes. And this leads to space scarcity. But this problem can be solved by utilizing every nook and corner of our apartment.
- In the Living room wall mounted shelf increases the depth of the room and provides more space to store items.
- In kitchen install as much as drawers to neatly store the utensils. Wall hangers will help to place the spoons and towels in an artistic way.
- In bedroom utilize the space under the bed. The one wardrobe you have in the bedroom can be converted into a good storage place. Divide the upper section for cloth and remaining for other precious.
Lighting can’t practically increase the size of your apartment. But perfect lighting can present a room look larger. If more light enters the apartment then the boundaries of the room merge itself. Using a blind rather than a curtain allows more sunlight into the apartment. More light contributes to the feel of space and freshness.
You can add special attraction zones using artificial light. Such focus points can convert any congested rooms into positive space.
- Walls and Special Zones
Making temporary walls using cardboard like light material in large rooms provides special zones. You can make a garden or recreational area in such a room. This helps you to organize and use every inch of the large space.
In permanent concrete walls, you can install trays for LED tv and music player. You don’t need to buy extra stands for such electronics.