Rain is a feeling that soothes and awakes the mind. It nourishes the earth from its droughtiness and decorates the nature with green. The water spews down from heaven to gift a reviving effect on all lives below. Even when it comes to saving the earth, it also carries some challenges. One of the main challenges is waterproofing our houses.
When pay attention to reality away from the romanticism, it needs more importance as it may destroy our shelters. There may be cracks on the rooftops, leakage seeks pots to catch drips, debris or leaves which gets collected on narrow gutters causes blockage and then results in an overflow of water to the yard and to the hall in the upstairs, growth of moulds and small mushrooms on walls, more chances of electric shock etc.
How can we rainproof our house?
- There will be an outer extension in every house in common, to protect the house from terrible weather. The limitations need more ways to cope up the situation which is beyond the transborder. Use of waterproof paints plays roles not only in colouring the walls but also protecting it from bad weather. The tarpaulin can be used to protect up to a level.
- You have to check prior to the expecting rainy season, whether the gutters are wide enough and there are no chances of blockage. Most likely there are chances of bunged up of gargoyle which obstructs the water flow as mentioned above.
- There are chances of swelling of wooden doors and windows, which in turn causes difficulty in closing down the opening covers. Thus sandpaper can be used to restore it.
- Cracks in concrete and pores in stone blocks should be checked prior to the season. Unless, it will result in leakage, causes ailing of walls and its shatter.
- Water stains on the wall will not be removed by bare painting. So oil ground primary sealer should be used before painting.
- To vaporize the water content and to reduce the amassing of moisture inside the room, air circulation is essential.
- All the unleashed raws on the rooftop has the abrading power upon your house. So take care of your house throughout the season.
You should get ready for Monsoon rains, before dark clouds come suspended and poured over. Making your house rainproof is a big covenant, but it is a big endeavour.
You take effort to protect your personal possessions, so protect your shelter too.