- Sort each items separately and place one on top of another.
- Cooking and baking pieces should be kept close to where you do food preparation.
- Use the vertical space for cabinets
- Rotating trays can be used to hold things such as oils, vinegar and other cooking ingredients, as well as spices, vitamins or medications.
- You must check beforehand whether the down payment and the EMIs are within your range or not.
- The down payment you decide to shell out should be planned in a way that you still have the money to meet any emergency, while the EMIs should be planned as per the basic rule of not exceeding 45% of your total income.
- Keep in mind that don’t go by the offers of just one, but consider at least 5-6 companies before making your decision
- Enquire and compare processing fees in all the banks before you finalize.
- When there are leaks in a flat concrete roof, the fast fix is to apply some kind of sealant or waterproof cement.
- Clean the entire roof surface with a pressure washer. Fill large cracks with roofing cement, and then apply a good prime.
- Construct your home so that your siding is about 6 inches or higher above the ground.
- Seal cracks in your foundation or basement walls, vents and window seals.
- Make sure you regularly clean gutters and downspouts to remove the waste.
2. Use the right bulb. Make sure you’re using the appropriate CFL bulb for your light fixture.
3. Block the sun from overheating your home! Inside, use shades, blinds and drapes. Outside, use awnings, trees and shrubs.
4. Close the doors and windows tightly when the AC is on.
5. Go for energy efficient appliances.
- Use light colours on the walls
- Use multipurpose furniture – a dining table with a shelf beneath it
- Place a mirror just opposite a window, it will reflect all the light available