It is important to ensure a home with fresh air, tidy walls and floors and clean surrounding to maintain your family’s health. Whenever one thinks about cleaning, the thoughts end up in chemical-based cleaning products out there in the market. Keeping your home and surrounding clean is essential. These chemical-based cleaning products can harm your health and they’re pricey too. Try these all-natural cleaning alternatives this time:
- Lemon, nature’s wunderkind for shining vessels: The powerful antibacterial and antiseptic properties of lemon can be used to clean your vessels in the kitchen.
- Baking soda, the rust remover: The alkaline substance contains in baking soda can function as a gentle abrasive and deodorant. Use the thick paste of baking soda and water to remove surface rust and a more liquid form of the same can be a good all-purpose light cleaner.
- Bake fresh and clean: Keeping the oven clean is important. You can use the mixture of water and baking soda in thick form to clean the bottom of the oven. Let the mixture sit there for a couple of hours and then wipe off.
- Natural toilet cleaner: Baking soda is a perfect natural toilet cleaner. A cup of baking soda can clean the toilet bowl if you let it sit for an hour or more. Before washing off the baking soda, add a cup of vinegar and let the mixture sit for a while.
- Let your windows shine: Use the empty spray bottle to fill with the mixture of white vinegar and water. Spray it on the windows and wipe down with a microfibre cloth.
- Keep the floors clean: The mold we see in the grout between tiles are unsightly and unhealthy. Mix carbonated water with vinegar and spray on the moldy parts of the floor and clean it off. If the floor still look unclean and moldy, make a thick paste of the same mix, apply it on the floor and let it sit for up to 15 minutes. Now, scrub it off and see the magic.
It’s time to grab your green cleaning kit and get cracking! Now, keep your home clean without harming the environment. A clean home removed from neurotoxic chemicals will definitely improve your quality of living by giving you improved sleep, concentration and a sense of well-being.